Troy Athens Band Boosters
While parents don’t actually play instruments, march or instruct, we do many other things that are important to the bands’ success. The purpose of Troy Athens Band Boosters (TABB) is to provide what is needed to keep our band program among the best in the state. We work to organize our parents’ collective energy and use it effectively, with the focus always on the kids.
The Boosters support every instrumental music ensemble at Athens including Symphonic, Concert, Jazz, Spirit, Brass and Marching bands. TABB organizes fund raisers to pay for clinics and workshops, special guest performers, music and licensing fees, and additional instruction. The Boosters also provide support to the band director, plan trips, and more. TABB also maintains student accounts, which help families pay the extra expenses related specifically to marching band.
The Boosters meet monthly to discuss issues relating to the band program including upcoming concerts, trips and performances, budget and fund raisers, band camp, uniforms and more. The Boosters generally meet during the school year on the second Tuesday of the month at 7 pm in the media center or the band room. Meetings are open to all parents of band students.
Meeting minutes are publicly available on Charms (select Handouts & Files and open the Meeting Minutes folder).
Join TABB. Membership is free, although donations to support the program are welcome. There are a myriad of ways to get involved:
- Attend TABB meetings the first Tuesday of each month
- Help with concerts: stage setup and receptions
- Work at or co-chair an event or help with a fund raiser
- Serve as a chaperone on trips, competition days, or at band camp
- Work with the equipment crew at competitions
- Be a bleacher creature at competitions and football games and cheer for the marching band
- Attend concerts and support your student musician
Whatever you decide to do, GET INVOLVED! It’s FUN!
Click here for membership form